Civil War Living History Day
Saturday, February 6, 2010
9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Highlights of the Day:
- Observe military & civilian re-en-actors
- Enlist and learn the drills of a soldier
- View private collections
- Glimpse the hardships of civilian life
- View a magic lantern show
- Participate in 19th century games and activities
- Watch artillery & musket firing at Waterfront Park every half hour from 10:00 am to 3:30 pm
- 10:00 am: Bruce Long "The Destruction of the 'Mosquito Fleet'"
- 11:00 am: Jason Madre "The History of the 'CSS Appomattox'"
- 1:00 pm: Ronnie Woolard "The Impact of Chaplains on Civil War Soldiers"
Museum of the Albemarle ~ 501 South Water Street, Elizabeth City, NC