Arts of the Albemarle needs your help! The organization has experienced significant changes in the past six months and it is acclimating nicely to its wonderful new environment.
To move the organization forward and continue to build upon its many initiatives and past accomplishments, we need the assistance of our friends, membership, sponsors and volunteers. There is an incredible level of talent and skills within this group. We need your active participation and involvement, however, to continue to provide a variety of programs and services to our community. I know many of you are currently actively involved in volunteering your time. I sincerely appreciate your many contributions. This message will hopefully encourage others of you to get actively involved with AoA!
I would like each of you to consider volunteering a few hours or more each week, month, or quarter.
I have listed below over twenty specific opportunities where we need your talent. Please review this list and let us know the areas where you think you can best contribute.
- Fund raising
- Solicit Event Sponsors
- Solicit Corporate Donations
- Lobby/Liaison with City/County Governments
- Membership recruitment and growth
- Volunteer coordination
- Volunteer recruitment and solicitation
- Volunteer recognition
- Gallery Inventory system
- Gallery reception and sales desk
- Event planning
- Event execution
- Marketing/Publicity/Press release
- Website content review and update
- Set up/clean up from events
- Provide housing to visiting artist
- Provide food/drink/ refreshments for events
- Write grants
- Letter writing
- Fold/stuff/mail correspondence
- Carpentry/woodwork/building maintenance and repair
- Work with children during special events
- School of the Arts
- Art and Education Outreach
- Teaching art/craft related classes
- Harbor Arts Festival
- Annual Landmark Show
- Designer House
- Landmark Show
- Christmas Open House
Please contact our Interim Executive Director, Lee Vassar, to advise him of your interest and availability. You may contact Lee as follows: email@example.com or 252-338-6455
I appreciate your willingness to help the Arts of the Albemarle continue to make a significant contribution to our community.
Randy Midgett, President, AOA Board