Some fun things are coming up this weekend that I wanted to make sure you were aware of:
1) After a long cold winter, the Downtown Waterfront Market opens this Saturday, May 1 from 9:00am-1:00pm. We will be kicking it off with a ribbon cutting at 9:15am. Come out and celebrate a sure sign that summer is on its way. I already have my shopping bags ready to go for my eggs, vegetables and crafts. See www.downtownwaterfrontmarket.com for more details. While your downtown be sure to stay for lunch at one of our many restaurants and visit the rest of our great downtown merchants.
2) I don't know about you, but I have spent a lot of time during the last few weeks digging in the garden and working on projects around the house. Look no further then the Home & Remodeling EXPO this weekend at Knobbs Creek. Friday, April 30th (Noon to 9:00pm) - Saturday, May 1st (10:00am-6:00pm) Interested in building a new home or remodeling the one you have? Get ideas, investigate new products, gather information and meet with professionals who can help you make your next remodel, renovation, landscaping or decorating project a breeze. See the latest innovations and design trends as well as the newest energy saving products. Attend the Home & Remodeling Expo and get “Inspired”! Come out and support our many Chamber members who will be participating.
Admission: $2.00 for adults Children: 12 and under FREE Active-Duty Military & seniors ago 60 or older get in FREE!
Get your $1.00 discount coupon by clicking here!
Well, that covers home and hearth which only leaves culture and baseball which in my house are the same thing.
3) Encore presents "Harvey", a tall tale about a mysterious rabbit. Arts of the Albemarle, Friday, April 30 and Saturday, May 1 at 8pm. Tickets have been going fast so check with the Arts Center for last minutes tickets plus it will be playing next week May 6, 7, 8.
4) Elizabeth City State University’s University Players and College of the Albemarle’s Coast Players will present the Classical Greek play, "Medea" It is freely adapted from the “Medea” of Euripides by Robinson Jeffers Euripides’ classic play is about betrayal and revenge. Medea plots a grotesque and hideous revenge when her husband, Jason, leaves her and her children for a new wife. Performed in a translation that aims to explore the beauty of Greek drama while being accessible to a modern audience, to bring a whole new take on this well-known tragedy.
Place: College of the Albemarle Community Auditorium Date/Time: Friday, April 30th @ 10am & 8pm, Saturday May 1st @ 8pm, Sunday @ 3pm.
For reservations, please call the Box Office @ 252-335-9050, Tickets: Students -$5, General Admission-$10
5) The COA Dolphins play their final 2 home games of the season this Saturday and Sunday, May 1 and 2 at 1pm at Knobbs Creek. Bring the kids and we will see you there.
Have a great weekend,
Jennifer K. Palestrant
Elizabeth City Area Chamber of Commerce
P.O. Box 426
Elizabeth City, NC 27907-0426